Hello everyone, today Im coming up with an exciting article, of sharing some of the best tips for the parents and the childrens. I would like to share some of my personal tips that I follow at home , and my daughter enjoys following them as well.
Now that the lovely summer holidays have come to an end, and the back to school season has already begun, coping up with the time may be little difficult for the moms , whose kids have just joined the school. So, it can be hard to get back into school routine for both the adults and the kids. To help you out , read through the list of the tips mentioned here and identify some strategies that you think could help you stay organized.
- Set up a bed time and a wake up time in advance , to be precise I let my daughter sleep in the noon for about 2 hours, and make sure to go to bed back again by 9pm, in this case she has sufficient sleep time , feels fresh when she wakes up at 5.15am . yes, its 5.15am, as her school bus picks her up at 6am.
- Plan healthy lunches and snacks, by planning meals at home, you are more likely to make healthy choices for your children. protein rich snacks, with fruits and vegetables and other wholesome items will make sure that the kids have the energy to tackle.
- Important : Talk about bullying ,with this world becoming digital, most of the children faces bullying, which sometimes lead to extreme cases. By talking with your children, you can ensure that they know how to talk properly to their classmates , teachers and other people around. Do make sure that your child knows that you will support them if they come to you. For children 4 and above definitely needs to be advised , and educated in a simple form as per their age, as we see and hear lot of things around !
- Ask your kids , feel free to ask them thoroughly all the happenings in school from the bus to school and to school back home. Remember, never ask them in a doubtful manner. Always show excitement and ask them in a polite manner . Here are few examples listed down below :
- How was your day ?
- Did you have fun in the class?
- Was anyone of your friend absent?
- ‘what was the interesting session you had today?
- How was the snack and lunch today ?
- What was the boring session you had today?
- Do you any assignments to do ?
- Is there any notifications for the parents? and lot more…
In this case, you are building a good friendly rapport with your child and this can be continued till their teens.
5. Always establish a “family time” whether it is during the dinner or before the bed time.
6. Schedule a time for their own activities like playing or watching TV. At the same time schedule a study time, as low as just 15-20 mins , for a Kindergarten kids as well. Keeping this practice, makes them feel responsible , dedicated and committed to their studies, as they grow up and study in different grades.
7. Create a dedicated space for your kids to store their school supplies. Make sure to clean up the place , if it is messy. In this way they learn to organize their things well.
8. Have your kids set realistic goals for the new academic year. for an example to read 10 stories.
9. Establish rules , as once they are back from school, where they should put lunch boxes, keep their school bags, shoes & socks, etc., this way they learn to be well disciplined and remember , discipline starts from home.
10. Tell your kids not or never to bring any one’s things from school or take any sort of unnecessary things to school other than their books or stationery.
Always be positive to them , encourage them more and more , stand by them even if they make a mistake, as they will learn from their mistakes. Having a quite and peaceful morning atmosphere allows you and your family to have a calm and stress free day.
These are the few things that I personally follow and I am happy to share my thoughts with all the lovely moms out there. Always be confident, help them , appreciate them, and am sure all our kids will be in great shape.
( From the pretty picture posted above, is my daughter’s all time favourite Frozen with the beautiful Anna & Elsa. Kudos to BigMouth, UAE for gifting my daughter with one of her most loved school supplies, and she is having a great time at school).