Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, and having fun.
We all know how the hot summer sun is harmful to our skin, and we take due precautions for it. But have you ever given a thought about the effects that sun has on hair??? The sun can wreak equal havoc with our hair as with our skin.
Effects of the summer sun on the hair:
- You may have healthy, bouncy hair all year around, but come summer and your hair turns limp and lifeless. There are no signs of that bounce anymore, is there? This happens because the high humidity content in the atmosphere settles on your hair and weighs it down, the result is limp hair.
- Sweat and dust contributed by summers increase hair problems like dandruff, split ends, frizziness and increased hair fall.
- The hot summer sun doesn’t show any mercy and dries out everything in its way, hair included.
- However tempting it may be, washing your hair every day is NOT an option. Similarly, not washing hair which is sweaty for a long time is a sure shot way to increased hair fall.
- Hair tends to get burnt in the hot sun and can turn brownish. Colored hair too tends to fade if you stay outdoors too long.
- Do find your hair to be constantly feeling greasy??? This is because of excessive sweat and maybe even due to the sunscreen near your hairline.
How to protect hair in summer ?
Our hair gets harmed in many different ways during summers – overexposure to sun’s harmful rays, sweat, and humidity and of course, spending too much time in a swimming pool. While all of these are reasons enough to lead to a bad hair day and cause long-term damage, a little care is all your hair needs to stay beautiful!
While you reach out for all products that work wonders on your hair, remember to check out a few things first , Scalp type –oily, dry, dandruff, itchy, combination or any other medical condition . Hair type – straight, curly, wavy, colored, treated, permed, straightened or any other.
According to me, one of the main thing to use is a SERUM, and the serum that I’m completely in love with is from a French brand “Activilong “.
- It is the Actigloss Nourish Serum Polisher is a light sublimator. Its light texture leaves silky and shiny hair. The ends are nourished, protected and sheathed.
- It contains Jojoba and Macadamia. These are the two best oils that are totally suitable for hair and skin.
- The oils literally give life to your hair, making it soft, shiny, voluminous, and bouncy and a healthy look.
- This is a very light, thin oil kind of serum. Easy to apply and my hair feels so great.
- My hair is very dry, frizzy, and I have always had a bad hair day, or most of the times.
- When I started using this, I felt so much difference in my hair. The split ends were completely taken care.
- Hair never felt greasy. It smells so good. Easy to apply, you can also easily slip it in your bag as well.
- I have used this for almost a month now, and totally loving it. A little bit goes a long way.
How to apply?
- Daily spread a dab over ends and lengths. Do not rinse. Style.
- On daily basis, it protects the hair fiber against external aggression like wind or sun for example, and it sheathes the ends.
- After the brushing, it controls frizzes, moisturizes and makes the hair shine.
I am completely in love with this product, and it has become my daily essentials as well. I am no more worried of dry hot summers. How about you ?